The NACA annual bursary aims to assist students with their studies in the field of Air Quality.
Applicants should complete the applications form < CLICK HERE >, and send it to Beverley Terry at
(t: 071 683 9770) before 15 November in the year preceding the start of the bursary period.
Successful applicants can apply for a renewal of the bursary in subsequent years, but that a bursary will be awarded for a maximum period of 1 years for Honours, 2 years for Masters and 3 years for a PhD.
To ensure that we meet our aim, certain terms and conditions apply as provided below.
Terms and Conditions of the NACA bursary
1.1 The sum of R20,000 will be paid as follows:
· NACA will pay the registration fees directly to your Tertiary Institution.
· The remaining amount can be used to purchase handbooks, study related software, field work equipment etc
NACA will require receipts for these items.
· The remaining amount can also be applied for attendance of Conferences, short courses, or anything that will assist you in your research.
1.2 Presentation at the NACA Conference:
· You are required to give an oral presentation on your research scope, methodology and the progress made to date.
· NACA will cover the costs of the registration fee, and will arrange accommodation and transportation to the Conference venue.
· You will be required to report bi-annually to the NACA National office at email
on your progress made through the year with your studies, that will be sent to the bursary committee for review.